about-header

History

The St. John the Evangelist School started humbly in a small frame building on the property in 1858. Over the next 90 years, there were intermittent periods where the school was not fully operational. In 1947, a full time school, which was run by the School Sisters of Notre Dame, was opened on the site. The school has been in operation ever since.

The original brick school house was constructed on 1950 with additions coming in 1957 and 1991. Throughout that time the school thrived and became a valued part of the St. John the Evangelist Parish community. In the early 1990s pre-school was added to the K-8th grade curriculum and extended day care was added shortly thereafter, providing the community with a complete educational opportunity.

While the early growth of the school was marked by expansions to the physical structure, recent growth has been focused on the expansion of educational experiences to include enhanced computer, math and science opportunities for the students. Today the school supports a wonderful computer lab and maintains up-to-date teaching technology, including smart class rooms. 

Though the faculty is no longer comprised entirely of sisters, the staff continue to teach the students Catholic values through the curriculum and modeling.  Much, as in the early days of the school, the primary goal of the faculty is to insure that our students receive the best educational and spiritual training possible.

 

Phoenix Internet Services